A guide to stable design - practical and full of inspiration and advice.
* Basic requirements of a good stable
* Planning a yard - optimum layout and planning permission
* Constructing and kitting out stables - flooring, drainage, roofing, walls, doors, windows, stable fittings
* Key yard constructions - e.g. feed rooms, tack rooms, rug storage areas, washing-down rooms
* Turnout, schooling and training facilities - e. g. lungeing arenas, outdoor and indoor schools
* Services, fire precautions and waste disposal - drainage, electricity and water supply, muck disposal, safety
* Converting existing buildings, and maintenance and repair